Archive for the ‘Self Help’ Category
Posted in mental health, mindfulness, personal development, positive energy, recreation, resilience, self development, Self Help, stress, stress management, travel, traveling, Uncategorized, vacation tips, tagged personal development, time out, vacation on January 31, 2017| Leave a Comment »
The dictionary does not tell us how to accelerate the resilience process, it only defines it:
1. “springing back into shape, position, etc. after being stretched, bent or compressed.”
2. “recovering strength, spirits, etc. quickly.”
Being resilient in body, mind and spirit is key to being happy and successful in all areas of life. Emotionally, it’s the opposite of being “stuck in a rut” and it’s about being positive. Physically, it can translate to strength and flexibility. Spiritually it can indicate faith with the ability to maintain hope in tumultuous times. It’s about staying centered and grounded and making “right” choices.
So, you may be asking yourself, how does one maintain emotional-spiritual equilibrium and resiliency when things can be unpredictable and often in crisis mode? How can we accelerate the resilience process? It’s not easy, and takes some work. It’s easy to create positive patterns and habits when life is going smoothly. It can be quite challenging while being swept away by negative forces. A good mentor/coach and practice is important, and the practice will create a “spill-over” effect into life situations.
Many people, including myself, have learned how to be more resilient. There are skill sets of meditation, relaxation breathing, visualization and “tapping” (EFT- Emotional Freedom Techniques) that all add into helping an individual maintain focus and be positive. Exercising, eating healthfully and being in healthy relationships are naturally fortifying. Most people are not born resilient, but do have the capacity to learn how to be this way. Here are a few tips to accelerate the process:
• Think of possibilities from different perspectives.
• Stop talking in absolutes. Eliminate the words nothing and never from self talk.
• Set specific goals that are attainable.
• When you are feeling down due to personal circumstances, take stock of your strengths.
• Lower the stakes, not the standards: Don’t have your whole life riding on the outcome of one event
• Savor small triumphs, steps leading to the bigger picture.
• Set aside self blame and learn from your mistakes.
• Surround yourself with positive people
• Do not read, watch or listen to the news if you become “too upset”.
• Take a few minutes each day to reflect on your feelings.
• Cultivate generosity and gratitude.
You are the only one who can control your attitude. By focusing on what is strong and enduring and seeing your potential, you can take calculated risks and overcome challenges. It takes an open, creative mind free from anxiety to pick up on opportunities. They are out there ready to be accessed by your positive and resilient radar!
Author of “SOAR! with Resilience”, Eileen Lichtenstein, MS.ED.,EFT-ADV is President of www.balanceandpower.com. She offers complimentary coaching consultations via telephone and Skype and empowers individuals and groups to facilitate optimal levels of productivity and happiness. Contact Eileen: email@example.com 516 623 4353
Posted in grounding, happy, health, productivity, relaxation, resilience, self development, Self Help, self- care, seminar, stress management, stress reduction, stress resilience, success, workshops and trainings on June 3, 2016| Leave a Comment »
Posted in anger management, anger management and conflict resolution training, attitude, communication, personal development, relationship coaching, relationships, self development, Self Help, Uncategorized, tagged anger, anger management, effective communication, long island, personal development, relationship building, self-help, workshops on April 17, 2016| Leave a Comment »
Anger Management Group 3 Hrs
(*Accepted by Courts)
Saturday, May 14 Time: 10am – 1pm
Saturday, June 11 Time: 10am – 1pm
Saturday, July16 Time: 10am – 1pm
3 Hour Anger Management Completion Certificates accepted by the courts will be given if requested. *Pre registration only through noon Thursday before date of group.
Location: 433 Maple Avenue, Westbury, New York 11590
Cost: $150 each [Small groups, Limited seating ]
Register with Paypal Credit Cards accepted via telephone.
- Enhance all aspects of stress and anger management
- Communicate more effectively
- Be happier
Explore strategies to release anger, reduce stress and deal effectively with others. Anger and communication issues are highly affected by stress levels.
The best predictor of a positive outcome is your willingness to honestly examine and admit the consequences of your problem and actions and have the intention to change patterns. Your anger and stress impacts your relationships, health, work life and financial situation.
Questions? Contact Eileen Now for a Complimentary Telephone Consult
516 623 4353 firstname.lastname@example.org
10% discount for Veterans and their families
Register Now: *Credit Cards accepted via telephone. (516) 623-4
**Pre registration only through noon Thursday before date of group.
1. Choose a belief to release and write it. You may want to consider: What was its old purpose? Who in your life used to say it, or imply it? What made their statements true for you at that time? How has that “truth” affected your life? Just be sure to stay present, looking at your old belief with compassion for yourself.
2. Challenge your belief! Write down, and take time to acknowledge, all the life experiences that you have had that actually PROVE your old belief is not true. This may be in the form of compliments that you have received, promotions at work, loving relationships, etc.
3. Identify your desired outcome. Write down all your desired outcomes relating to replacing the old belief. Choose one outcome that most powerfully represents who you would be if you had that outcome.
4. Ask yourself: “What am I willing to do to make these changes?” You can always get ideas and reinforcement from professional guidance and support in one-on-one sessions or group programs. You really don’t have to go it alone in your life, and the belief that “you should” is in itself a disempowering belief!
5. Learn EFT and “tap on it”.
Love, respect yourself and believe you deserve…and the challenges will actually help you learn and grow, not wear you down. Remember, you are lovable, capable and worthwhile. You are enough!
FREE 20 minute phone consult: 516 623 4353 email@example.com
If you often find yourself tense and on-edge, try these seven strategies to reduce stress.
- Get enough sleep.Inadequate or poor-quality sleep can negatively affect your mood, mental alertness, energy level, and physical health.
- Learn relaxation techniques. Meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, deep breathing exercises, and yoga are powerful stress-busters.
- Strengthen your social network. Connect with others by taking a class, joining an organization, or participating in a support group.
- Hone your time-management skills. The more efficiently you can juggle work and family demands, the lower your stress level.
- Try to resolve stressful situations if you can. Don’t let stressful situations fester. Hold family problem-solving sessions and use negotiation skills at home and at work.
- Nurture yourself. Treat yourself to a massage. Truly savor an experience: for example, eat slowly and really focus on the taste and sensations of each bite. Take a walk or a nap, or listen to your favorite music.
- Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from your spouse, friends, and neighbors. If stress and anxiety persist, ask your doctor whether anti-anxiety medications could be helpful. Contact a therapist or coach:
|FREE 20 Minute Phone Consultation
in which we will examine the
top stressors in your life
and see how to transform them.No Obligation
Posted in personal development, Self Help, tagged EFT, Emotional Freedom Technioque, free consult, goal attainment, intention, mood, personal choice, tapping, visualization on July 1, 2015| Leave a Comment »
Having a daily intention -and expanding it in to a bigger picture can really help you to move forward with goals – business – relationships. In the early morning create your intention for the day – in one or many areas. Visualize positive outcomes and believe them. If you tap (EFT, Emotional Freedom Techniques), then “tap” on it!
Your path, moods, thoughts can be chosen by you ~ It is the act of choosing that helps to liberate the spirit.
What is the ONE thing that you can choose to think about today, and commit to? How will this change your mood, your day, and perhaps your destiny? Be accountable to yourself – and – if you need help with this contact me for a FREE 20 minute phone consult!