To laugh often and much;To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.This is to have succeeded.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Archive for the ‘motivation’ Category
Authored by Rich Feller
You already know the value of coaching, if you stop to think about it. You’ve seen coaches huddle on the sideline with their players, right? An athlete rarely succeeds without the strategy and encouragement a great coach offers, or the accountability a coach demands.
Wondering whether you’d like to have a coach in your corner? Here are 10 critical things a coach can do for you.
- Assess and Take Stock: Coaches ask what’s next for you in key areas of life, like work, relationships and well-being. They’re looking for areas where you’re in action and your strengths shine. Coaches listen for gaps between where you are and where you want to be. A coach can help align your goals, values, desired impact and purpose.
- Focus:By shining a spotlight on the future, a coach helps you clarify a vision. Your coach will work with you to articulate your goals, then plan and gather resources. Your coach will bring you back to the original focus when you stray (everyone does!).
- Motivate:We all get distracted, drifting away from even the best of plans. Your coach will help you tap into your deep reservoirs of motivation, often by reminding you of your long-range vision. Your coach will affirm and champion you. Your coach will nudge you to reflect, connect, explore, choose, repack and act.
- Optimize:At the heart of coaching is this question: What would it take to be your best in all dimensions of your life? A coach works alongside you to ensure that your performance matches your potential and is driven by your purpose. Your purpose is your GPS. Everyone is an experiment of one…growing, learning and making choices.
- Encourage:There are moments when it’s tempting to quit, and that’s when your coach becomes your best support. Your coach can serve as part of your sounding board and a haven of emotional safety.6
- Shift Perspective: Coaches are trained to be powerful listeners, ferretting out blind spots, pointing out alternative perspectives, and freeing you to see things in a different way. By reframing your view of a struggle, a question like, “In five years, how will you view this situation?” can lead to insight, motivation and action.
- Probe:One of a coach’s most effective tools is a powerful question: “What do you want?” “How is that connected to your purpose?” A provocative question can startle you, lead to insight and cause you to rethink a habit. A coach will challenge you to ask and answer difficult questions without analyzing intentions or probing into your past.
- Build Structure: A coach provides the environment for you to translate your desires into action—nonjudgmental listening and supportive accountability. If you know your coach is going to ask you whether you’ve accomplished the objectives you outlined in a previous session, you’re very likely to come to the session prepared.
- Clear Hurdles: What if you don’t accomplish what you’ve committed to? Your coach can help you recognize why you’re not following through and craft a plan for eliminating barriers to your goal.
- Celebrate:In the busy whirl of our lives, time with a coach can create a pause when you recognize what you’ve accomplished. When was the last time you gave yourself time for reflection and celebration? When have you recognized your own growth and learning? It’s important to create time to integrate new behaviors and make them daily habits.
Imagine huddling with your coach to reflect, build a structure for exploring, and create connections that propel you to act. Go ahead. Set up a session with a coach to move toward what you want to create in your life.
FREE PHONE CONSULT: www.balanceandpower.com 516 623 4353
Do you know what your strengths are? Probably and if not ask someone close to you ***
Maybe you’re compassionate, highly social, persevering-persistent. Try focusing on one of your strengths and use it every day for a week in a new way! This can be directed towards a family member, co-worker, friend. Here are few examples:
- Creativity: Find an alternative use for an ordinary household object
- Self-control: Be free of insincere comments and sarcasm.
- Bravery: Plunge into a new activity that makes you nervous, like riding on public transportation.
These are just a few…I’d love to hear what you come up with!
516 623 4353 http://www.balanceandpower.com
Posted in anger management and conflict resolution training, attitude, change management, choice, coaching, eating disorder, expectation, food issues, forgiveness, frustration, fun, gratefulness, gratitude, grounding, happy, health, life coach, lifestyle, meditation, mental health, mind-body, motivation, peak performance, positive attitude, positive energy, positive psychology, positive thinking, relationships, relaxation breathing, resilience, self- care, self-help, stress management tips, stress reduction, workplace productivity, workplace stress, worry, tagged de-stress, EFT, goal setting, happiness, positive thinking on March 27, 2014| Leave a Comment »
These are tried & true “tips” with links related to blogs and/or photos. Enjoy!
- Surround yourself with positive thinkers and shun those who are excessively negative. It’s a… fb.me/6uUkPgkYk
- Look back at your actions and see what you can do to improve your performances instead of… fb.me/21jdLyihn
- Are you part of 80% of people who procrastinate from time to time?
Or of the other 20% who procrastinate ALL… fb.me/2UQmUCTI7
- Tapping reduces stress from everyday issues that may cause you to turn to food to soothe anxious… fb.me/1ieTzPCmZ
- Get out of your comfort zone and feel invigorated!fb.me/1fq18Yyqx
- Good relationships correlate with happiness and productivity. ow.ly/u9Pl8fb.me/2Hsdx5lJr
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a magnificant tool to overcome fear. ow.ly/u9P4i
- Be kind and helpful. People appreciating you will make you feel better about yourself.
- Believe in the power of animal therapy – lots of smiles 🙂fb.me/2rpzV7z1V
- Proven methods for enhancing happiness are nurturing relationships, writing in a gratitude… fb.me/2T3zeV7OS
- Practice relaxation and/or meditation on a regular basis ow.ly/i/4LsfD ow.ly/i/4LsgE
- (Emotional Freedom Techniques, tapping) can help remove blocks, release frustrations and… fb.me/6nWk5KUVu
- You can change your definition of happiness- maybe want less or differently 🙂 ow.ly/u8IXv fb.me/3s9p8zTy9
- Helping others may be the most direct route to happiness.ow.ly/u8sxt
- Balance is about developing a relationship with ourselves,expectations for daily… fb.me/11y57B9K2
- Cultivate patience and tolerance for those less talented, passionate or knowledgeable. ow.ly/ubC5X
- Take yourself a bit less seriously 🙂
- Write your goal in positive language. The more positive instructions you give yourself, the more positive results you get!
- Lifestyles and stress levels can be changed with impressive results! FREE consult ow.ly/ubwlK
- Harmony vs. Work/Life Balance ow.ly/uQkzC read my article here! fb.me/2qkDXugRNProtective white light energy around you so inappropriate negativity directed at you bounces… fb.me/2GazA5zqx
- List all of your positive traits and characteristics and review often! ow.ly/u9NO1 fb.me/6tAdECoBG
FREE consult: 516 623 4353 www.balanceandpower.com
Posted in energy, entrepreneurs, gratefulness, gratitude, Long Beach, long island, meditation, mindful meditation, mindfulness, motivation, positive energy, positive psychology, positive thinking, stress resilience, Uncategorized, tagged gratefulness, hurricane, long island, Long Island National Association Mothers Centers, meditation, Sandy on November 1, 2012| 3 Comments »
Horror stories, boats in houses, boardwalks in front yards, no power means no heat too; it’s cold in NY now. I’m booting up in nearby town of Rockville Centre that has the business district hopping with electric. A sense of community, repair, boredom, hopelessness and overwhelm for some. Homelessness, shelters and evacuations are no fun. Uprooted and possessions gone- a lot of that on Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, downtown Manhattan, Staten Island & New Jersey. So, if you’re simply bored with no power, no work happening and have your stuff and your peeps-well then- let’s have big gratefulness positive energy happening. You’ve got you!! And that’s a lot. Here’s a few things to do:
Light some candles and meditate- become one with a flame for a few minutes!
Visit someone by bicycle (save gasoline, which is a additional problem now)
Read a book(s)
Clean out some shelves
Have a post hurricane party!
Still no power in my home; I’m at Panera’s RVC now.
We’re fortunate to have hot water, stove top and my neighbor’s generator hooked to the fridge a few hours a day.
Posted in guided imagery, journaling, meridian tapping, mindful meditation, motivation, peak performance, perfectionism, prioritizing, procrastination, relaxation breathing, self- care, stress resilience, tagged choice, EFT, emotional freedom techniques, fear, fearless, goal attainment, goal setting, gratefulness, intuition, listening skills, obstacles, perfectionism, procrastination, relax, self-sabotage on July 4, 2012| 1 Comment »
Posted in anger coach, daughters, EFT, Emotional Freedom Techniques, family, London, long island, madrid, motivation, New York, peak performance coach, resilience, SOAR!, SOAR!with Resilience, workshops and trainings, tagged anger management, coaching, EFT, goal setting, long island, New York, resilience, stress, success, tapping, television, workshops on June 25, 2011| 1 Comment »
Are you SOARing! into summer?
Here in Long Island, NY everyone is participating in beach, boating, biking, bar-b-ques outdoor concerts and other fun. I hope that you can take a few days to relax, renew and recharge! I’m also in especially high spirits because all month we’ve had out of town company here- daughter Jess from London has come and gone and Ariel is here now from Madrid with her Spanish boyfriend. It makes me happy that they have made wonderful lives for themselves and that we are closer than ever..and that we still have the house that they grew up in to enjpy each other’s energy!
There are a few venues I’m really excited about that I’m facilitaing and connected with that I want you to know about, and I’m the star of my own TV show!! Find out more
I’m taking a hiatus from the radio shows for two weeks and will return at my regular Weds. 4PM EST spot. You may listen to archives.
- Launch and Reach Business Goals: Ask for what you need!
- Anger Management Techniques Video
- EFT Can Help Eradicate – Relieve Your Physical and Emotional Negative Symptoms!
- Anger Management with EFT
- Working Moms: Achieve Work/Life Balance
CEO, Balance & Power Inc.
BalanceAndPower.com | Eileen’s Blog | Events | Facebook | LinkedIn | Plaxo | Twitter
Eileen Lichtenstein, MS. Ed. Peak Performance Success Coach/Trainer and Professional Speaker,
Stress Management, Anger Management, EFT, “SOAR! with Resilience” Programs & Manual, | PO Box 894 Baldwin, NY, USA