Whether the problem is too much focus on work or too little, when your work life and your personal life feel out of balance, often times stress, along with its harmful effects, is the result. The good news is that most can take control of stress levels by giving yourself the time to do the things that are most important to you. When life literally is beginning to feel “out of control” or “lopsided” and you feel off kilter, give yourself the gift of time to restore balance.
Consider disconnecting as much as necessary for stress reduction and the restoration of balance. Here are some tips to do throughout the day:
- Take Cleansing Breaths: Three sets of deep inhalations through the nose (belly rising) and exhaling through the nose, (abdomen deflating) can (temporarily) change your physiology.
- Stretch: Release/reduce tension and increase energy. Moving Meditation® Fitness Program
- Walk: A five minute walk outside can change your mood and mindset.
- Listen to Music: A mood changer.
- Eat Peacefully: This aids the digestion and gives you “time away”. Leave your office!
- Allow Time: Give yourself extra time for the unexpected.
- Smile and Laugh: Humor has been proven effective in reducing stress.
- Take a mini-vacation: Disconnect for a few hours.
- Research has shown optimally 7-8 hours sleep is needed…
Learn relaxation techniques to fall asleep faster and/or if sleep is interrupted (by kids or by yourself)
- Wake up a bit earlier than everyone to visualize a positive day and to tap on challenges