Procrastination is driven by a series of negative beliefs and feelings.
Procrastination is a behavioral tendency that results when beliefs and feelings such as the following take over:
- The fear of failure.
- The fear of success.
- The fear of rejection.
- The belief that one is inadequate.
- The belief that one is not good enough.
- The belief that one is unworthy or undeserving.
- The belief that one’s success will be envied and/or taken away by others.
- The fear of envy.
- Feelings of low self-confidence.
- The fear of attracting negative attention.
- The fear of taking responsibility for one’s self.
- The need to be taken care of.
- Feelings of anger and resentment towards others.
- The need to get revenge in passive-aggressive ways.
And so on.
When one is stuck in the inertia so commonly felt with procrastination there is a sense of powerlessness, immobility, confusion, vague feelings of depression, low self-worth and self-esteem, a sense of purposelessness, self-doubt, agitation, boredom, and loss of passion or enthusiasm etc.
Beliefs and Feelings
What is not seen however are the underlying drivers, the beliefs and feelings mentioned above lying below the conscious state in your subconscious mind, often causing the free will to shut down.
The only way to release oneself from this state is to become conscious of those programs and erase/delete/release them from within once and for all. I’ve successfully guided many groups and individuals to do this with EFT!