Stop Worrying! Did you know that:
- 40% of worrying is over things that will never happen
- 30% of worrying is over things that can’t be changed
- 10% of worrying is over health (which only gets worse if you worry!)
- 8% of worrying is over legitimate concerns (worry!)
- We spend over 92% of our time and energy worrying about things that:
- We have no control over
- We can’t possibly change
- Have misperceived
What would happen if we channeled this energy and effort constructively rather than “adding fuel to the fire”? Worry is like stepping on the gas pedal while the car is in neutral: we create a lot of noise, use up energy and don’t get anywhere!
Make a list of things you worry about. Divide your list into categories listed at the top of this outline. How do you want to redirect your focus?
“An unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
Symptoms of Inner Peace : Place a smile on your face ( a stress reducer)!-(author unknown)
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
- A loss of interest in judging other people
- A loss of interest in conflict
- A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and with nature.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
It’s a process, now go forth and practice!
“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
~above excerpts from Chapter 3:
“SOAR! with Resilience® The Interactive Book for
Overcoming Obstacles & Achieving Success”
By Eileen Lichtenstein
Available as eBook or Hard Copy