Try applying these success strategies and see what happens!!
- Prior Beliefs: Don’t start with how they’re wrong, start with common ground. (You may disagree with me on this but we both want to get better at persuasion, don’t we?)
- Emotion: Make them feel and get your brains in sync. (Look! Smiling puppies!)
- Incentives: Focus on rewards, not warnings. (Incentives will get you what you want, I promise.)
- Agency: Give options, not orders. (Would you like to offer them two possibilities or three? Totally up to you.)
- Curiosity: “Fill the gap” and focus on the positive.
- State of Mind: If they’re feeling down, present the conservative option. If they’re feeling good, focus on the riskier upside.
- Other People: Showing the popularity of your position helps.
Need someone to motivate you and be accountable to?