We are the only ones who can control our attitude. By focusing on what is strong and enduring and seeing our potential, we can take calculated risks and overcome challenges.
• Optimism is not about sugar coating the truth. Lying gets you into trouble- even with yourself!
• Think of possibilities from different perspectives.
• Stop talking in absolutes. Eliminates the words nothing and never from self talk.
• Set specific goals that are attainable.• When you are feeling down due to personal circumstances, take stock of your strengths.
• Lower the stakes, not the standards: Don’t have your whole life riding on the outcome of one event
• Savor small triumphs, steps leading to the bigger picture.
• Set aside self blame and learn from your mistakes.
• Surround yourself with positive people
• Do not read, watch or listen to the news if you become “too upset”.
• Take a few minutes each day to reflect on your feelings.
• Cultivate generosity and gratitude.
“SOAR! with Resilience® the Interactive Book for Overcoming Obstacles & Achieving Success”
Buy it on Amazon.com
If you need help with this, I recommend personal coaching: http://www.balanceandpower.com/coaching.php and meeting regularly with like minded folks. FREE CONSULT: 516 623 4353 and www.balanceandpower.com