Here’s what brain research says will make you happy:
- “What am I grateful for?” Just asking -searching helps; you don’t need answers!
- Label -name negative emotions. Your brain isn’t so bothered when you name it.
- Decide. No perfectionist thinking – good enough usually is!
- Hugs, hugs, hugs. Research shows getting five hugs a day for four weeks increases happiness big time.
Everything is interconnected:
- Gratitude improves sleep.
- Sleep reduces pain.
- Reduced pain improves your mood.
- Improved mood reduces anxiety.
- Reduced anxiety improves focus and planning.
- Focus and planning help with decision making.
- Decision making further reduces anxiety and improves enjoyment.
- Enjoyment gives you more to be grateful for!
- Enjoyment also makes it more likely you’ll exercise and be social, which, in turn, will make you happier.
Need help taking action and creating new patterns? FREE consult: 516623 4353 www.balanceandpower.com