Here are seven proven ways we can improve our moods and and raise our levels of happiness throughout the day. In addition to helping within the given timeframe, when practiced regularly, each of these has been shown to improve our happiness baseline! By doing these activities, your spirits will be lifted and you will be in a more positive mindset, so you may reap the benefits in performance, productivity, creativity and focus in addition to more effective communication and relationships!
1. Meditate: You may simply take five minutes each day to watch your breath go in and out.If your mind drifts, slowly bring it back into focus. Studies show in minutes after meditation we experience feelings of calm and contentment, as well as heightened awareness and empathy.
2. Find Something to Look Forward To: Often the most enjoyable part of an activity is it’s anticipation as it actually lights up the pleasure centers in your brain!
3. Commit Concious Acts of Kindness: Try picking one day a week and make a point of committing five acts of kindness.
4. Infuse Positivity Into Your Surroundings: Fact: Spending 20 minutes outside in good weather boosts mood, broadens thinking and improves working memory. Fact: Placing inspirational pictures and photos of loved ones within view of your computer ensures a hit of positive emotion each time viewed.
5. Exercise: Just move! Experience the mind-body endorphin effect, physical mastery and good health.
6. Spend Money (Not on Stuff): Money spent on enjoyable activitiesand on other people boosts happiness.
7. Learn your “Sgnature Strength” and practice it! www.viasurvey.org Perhaps revisit a talent you haven’t uses in a while :). Whenever a signature strngth is used we experience a burst of positivity – and when used every day for a week research has demonstrated lasting significant happiness increases and less depression than control groups.
FREE CONSULT: 516 623 4353 www.balanceandpower.com