When you’re feeling down, you can often turn things around with a few tips and tricks for thinking about things differently. Here are 8 suggestions to “reframe” or place your “stuff” in different perspective and feel happier:
- Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and visualize things working out.
- Give yourself a quick pep talk.
- Get in front of a mirror and practice smiling. While working your grin, take a minute to acknowledge your looks and appreciate your favorite part of your face.
- Write down five things that you are proud about and stick the list in your wallet to pull out to remind yourself that you’re awesome.
- Call a friend and tell her you’re feeling down. Sometimes just admitting you’re not feeling great makes things better instantly.
- Make a coffee date with a good friend and ask her what she likes about you.
- Take a deep breath, acknowledge things aren’t going your way, and move on with your day.
- Stop with negative self talk. Switch the thoughts of negativity to positive mantras, such as “I am a strong woman (man)!”
Want to talk about it? http://www.balanceandpower.com/stress.php
FREE 20 Minute Phone Consultation No Obligation