Here are 10 simple ways to beat the blues and add well being!:
1. Take time outside- even on a cold or dreary day fresh air is a mood booster, as is sunshine’s vitamin D.
2. Face time with a friend and if possible a happy person- it’s contagious!
3. Listen to music, an instant mood – dopamine booster! Dopamine is the neurotransmitter that regulates the brain’s pleasure center – which also gets a boost from sex and food! 🙂
4. Move. A 20 minute workout can improve your mood for up to 12 hours! Do what you like- not necessarily the treadmill. Take a fun class or walk-run-bike with a friend.
5. Take a catnap. A nap can be an incredible mood booster.
6. Snack if you’re hungry- don’t let low blood sugar make you crabby.
7. Volunteer: Research shows that volunteerism can significantly increase happiness and life satisfaction.
8. Render acts of kindness to strangers.
9. SMILE! and act “as if”.
10. When possible, be around children and pets 🙂
FREE CONSULT: 516 623 4353 www.balanceandpower.com