Extra pressure from the holidays on both our personal and professional lives can affect our home life, as well as result in reduced productivity at work. Here are some tips for coping with holiday stress at work:
- Keep up your routines of exercise. This helps to keep up your resistance, maintain energy and has the stress reducing endorphin spillover effect.
- Everything in moderation re food-alcohol.
- If someone is “pressing your buttons” at work, respond v. react. If you feel yourself angry, leave and take a break.
- Smile! The physical acts of smiling and laughing are stress reducers!
- Say NO without guilt.
- Keep your priorities straight! Review and regroup throughout the day.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Practice mindful meditation at home or work daily.
- Dream of your next vacation!
You may contact Eileen for a FREE 20 minute telephone consult www.balanceandpower.com