Focus is one of the keys to success and necessary to be on your game.
Many people find it hard to focus, but it is a skill you can develop. Do you know you can rewire negative patterns?? Try these suggestions for improving your focus:
- Stop multitasking. Research shows that dividing attention across multiple activities is taxing on the brain, and can often come at the expense of real productivity. There is a small percentage of “supertaskers” out there, probably not you.
- Train your brain. . Invest time in mastering attention training or meditation — both are great ways to practice taming distractions and improving focus. Any skill worth having requires practice; time well spent.
- Screen out distractions. Start by turning off the TV, putting down your phone and logging out of email.
- Invest in Your Peak Time . When is your energy at it’s peak? Plan your work for those times and use your less energetic times for leisure or a nap.
- Create off site storage for mental notes and unfinished business. Too many mental notes make for a cluttered mind.. Put whatever’s on your mind on paper or capture it digitally.
- Revisit prioritizing and SMART Goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. It’s your game! Give yourself permission to change your mind and prioritize differently- in life and in business.
- “Start with the end in mind. ” ― Stephen R. Covey, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Visualize positive outcomes in your meditative time.
- Learn EFT to help create new habits, increase focus, clarity and be on your game!
Eileen’s Related Blogs: