I’m about to tell you how come it’s imperative to Release, Relax & Recharge throughout each day at home and in the office to create optimal happiness and well being. Perhaps you are aware that the following tips below are stress relievers- and now I’m suggesting you do them often during your day. Check in with yourself; inner”traffic control” throughout waking hours – and that will help you have a peaceful night as well :).
Stress is cumulative. Extreme frustration and stress left to fester can easily lead to inappropriate outbursts of anger violent or depressive episodes on the other side of a continuum. When you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, unappreciated, angry it’s important to take time out to release, relax and recharge. When you are experiencing difficulty meeting multiple job responsibilities and target dates, juggling personal and business responsibilities and having relationship challenges it’s important to take time throughout each day to recharge. The suggestions below will have positive effects on your happiness and well being.
Here are some quick and easy suggestions to reduce stress right now:
- ***Take 3 cleansing breaths by inhaling deeply through the nose, belly rising. Sustain the inhalation, then exhale (through mouth, belly deflating), making the exhalation forceful and sustained, like a sigh. This temporarily changes your physiology and can be the beginning of a sustained relaxation.
- Walk – A five-minute walk can begin to shift your mood; walking for a longer time has additional benefits!
- Connect With Nature – A great stress reducer!
- Listen to Music – It can definitely be a mood changer!
- Take a ‘Mini-Vacation’ – Lie down or put your feet up and just be! (Listen to Track #7, above)
- Say No – Don’t overextend yourself!
- Take a ‘Joybreak’ – Do something different that you enjoy such as reading a magazine, calling a friend, writing a thank-you note, stepping outdoors!
- Stretch – Yoga or office yoga releases physical tension and clears the mind! (Listen to Track #2, above)
- De-Clutter stuff & decrease ‘visual noise’!
- Allow Time – Performance has variables and interruptions are inevitable!
- Think Positive – Let go of self-sabotaging language and worry!
- Smile and Laugh – Proven to ease anxiety and reduce stress!
- Foster Forgiveness of Self and Others – Create inner peace by regularly practicing a loving-kindness meditation.
- Practice Gratitude
SOAR! with Resilience® and contact me for a complimentary twenty minute telephone consult!
Video skype sessions, webinars and on site trainings available
CEO Balance & Power, Inc.
Eileen Lichtenstein, MS. Ed. Peak PerformanceSuccess Coach / Trainer and Professional Speaker, Stress Management, Anger Management, EFT, “SOAR! with Reslience Programs & Manual ♦ Wantagh, NY, USA