Follow these tips to sleep soundly and wake refreshed.
Adjust your schedule so that sleep time is consistent
- Make sure you turn in and get up at the same time every day – even on the weekends.
- Get your catnaps in earlier in the afternoon (before 3 p.m.) and limit your naps to less than an hour.
- When you’re active and in shape, you are more likely to have a better night’s rest and more energy throughout the day.
Your bedroom can be a calm sanctuary
- No electronics! Get cozy under the covers.
- Nightlights in the bathroom
Bedtime Routine: Take time to wind down before you go to sleep.
- Quiet your mind: Read a book, jot down thoughts that may be keeping you from sleep, or meditate.
- Nighttime music or a relaxation tape.
- Still not sleepy? Don’t panic. Get out of bed and calm your brain with a quiet activity. Try yoga or one of the activities above.