The good news is that research has been documenting that anyone who has a strong intention to change a habit or create a new behavioral pattern can do it (short of big physiological challenges such as addictions). It takes at least 21 days of repetition with no backslide. If one backslides, then starting from day one is indicated.
So with the above as a premise then coaching becomes even more positive for the coachee! This is what happens:
• When someone contacts me for a consult for changing habits re stress-anger management and sounds motivated (vs. depressed; keep in mind I’m talking about coaching, not therapy) then I am happy to share this research and they are happy get started.
• Each aha, each positive action becomes part of the bigger success plan.
• EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques – tapping is introduced to get past blocks and enable positive thinking.
• The accountability is both to themselves and to me. The progress begins with the first conversation when there is motivation involved.
• When the goals have been reached, the coachee is encouraged too indulge in healthy celebration!
• Stay in communication for open ended follow up.
BalanceandPower offers complimentary telephone consults for
Peak Performance Success Coaching/Training for your Life & Career
Traditional coaching strategies are integrated with transformational mind/body techniques including EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, Meridian Tapping).