please scroll down 🙂
– Amsterdam 2012 –
Happiness is subjective, perception rules. Yet there are some simple keys to wellness and happiness, which go hand in hand. The thing about happiness is that the premise often flows and changes, depending on people and circumstances in our lives. It’s important through all the changes to be aware of your core values and be in alignment with them.
These simple truths are not always evident and hold the keys to wellness and happiness:
- Follow your passions; do things that bring a sense of fulfillment, joy and purpose, that validate your worth. See your life as your own creation and strive to make it a positive one.
- Pay close and loving attention to yourself – tune into your needs on all levels. Nourish, support and encourage yourself.
- Release resentment, envy, fear, sadness, anger. Express your feelings appropriately.
- Visualize positive images and goals. Whenever negative or fearful images emerge, re-focus on images that evoke feelings of peace and joy.
- Create loving, honest relationships that allow for the expression and fulfillment of needs for intimacy and security.
- Heal wounds from past relationships and with parents.
- Make positive contributions to your community through work or service that you enjoy
- Make a commitment to health and well being. Develop a belief in the possibility of total health – physically and emotionally.