I’ve authored the article below (text only): April Millenium Magazine p.10:
The concept of expansion works wonderfully with improving self esteem!
Imagine a drop of water (self esteem) expanding into a puddle, then into a
the lake and seeing the expansion of the concentric circles.
Here are some general tips to improve your self esteem. Feel free to adapt:
- Be kind and helpful. People appreciating you will make you feel better about yourself.
- List all of your positive traits and characteristics.
- Expand on the list with details and give a few concrete examples of
- Read the list out loud often.
- Create affirmations from the list and attach in places you’re sure to see them every day.
- Smile as much as possible even when you don’t feel like it. Smiling is great for your mood and it improves your look immensely!
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Exercise and eat well so you feel good about your physical body.
- Reward yourself each time you reach a goal for improving self-esteem or any other goal that you set for yourself as long as it’s not self destructive like binging on fatty foods.
- Acknowledge if you’re having difficulty doing any of the above and seek out a life coach.
Misery Loves Company
A big issue that blocks improving self esteem is taking
things “personally” when it’s not indicated, ie: owning someone else’s
misplaced anger. Usually the person blaming you is dealing with their own
problem and simply wants company – like misery.
For this reason, make sure to surround yourself with positive people. If you
are living or working with someone negative, try building a “shield” around
yourself. Visualize yourself surrounded by a protective white light energy
that any inappropriate negativity directed at you bounces off.
and leave the scene – physically.
Once physically removed from the situation, take long deep breaths and
reconnect with your affirmations. Breath in through your nose, belly rising
before your chest, say an affirmation or a few key words from it like a
mantra and exhale slowly, releasing any negative energy that may have
touched you. Repeat this until you feel calm, confident and fortified for
whatever lies ahead. You may also do the breath affirmation-release while
walking briskly- which will also work towards improving self-esteem.
Another modality that can release negative energy is Emotional Freedom
Techniques (EFT), an amazing practice based on meridian tapping together
with powerful coaching and specific language.
As with almost any “daunting” task, when you are motivated to succeed and
have the intention to expand and energize your being, improving self-esteem
is easy! When you boost your self esteem, you boost your life as a whole!
CONSULT: http://www.balanceandpower.com 516 623 4353