Tapping into opportunity is about working creatively with potential, not being limited by challenges. It’s about the glass half full and not deluding ourselves that the glass is filled with champagne. The key to realizing your own potential is tuning in to how you interpret the events playing out in your life.
It’s about acknowledging and being able to release fear and anxiety. You can tap into your opportunity by following your passion. Are we looking for the opportunities and making predictions that we can realize with our own actions? The choice is ours. It’s about thinking accurately, making calculated risks and when things go wrong, seeing the setbacks as temporary.
It’s about being innovative, flexible and resilient; being able to lift up and move forward from a fall. Resilience is the mindset that encourages sound and practical ingenuity and shines a light for yourself and others.
Twelve Tips to being Resilient & Tapping into Opportunity
• Resilience/optimism is not about sugar coating the truth. Lying gets you into trouble- even with yourself.
• Think of possibilities from different perspectives.
• Stop talking in absolutes. Eliminate the words nothing and never from self talk.
• Set specific goals that are attainable.
• When you are feeling down due to personal circumstances, take stock of your strengths.
• Lower the stakes, not the standards: Don’t have your whole life riding on the outcome of one event.
• Savor small triumphs, steps leading to the bigger picture.
• Set aside self blame and learn from your mistakes.
• Surround yourself with positive people.
• Do not read, watch or listen to the news if you become “too upset”.
• Take a few minutes each day to reflect on your feelings.
• Cultivate generosity and gratitude.
We are the only ones who can control our attitude. By focusing on what is strong and enduring and seeing our potential, we can take calculated risks and overcome challenges.
It takes an open, creative mind free from anxiety to pick up on opportunities. They are out there ready to be swept up by your radar. If you need help with this, I recommend personal transition/career coaching. I offer you the added benefit of EFT (Emotional Freedom technique) to tap away fear and discover your passion while tapping into opportunity .
Arrange a complimentary coaching/EFT consult :
516 623 4353 Eileen@balanceandpower.com