Research shows a direct link between stress and heart disease, stroke, cancer and other life-changing illnesses. We know it lowers the immune system so that we are more susceptible to the common cold and heightened allergies. If you wait until you’re feeling stressed before you use some technique for managing stress, it may be too late. You need to have a bag of tricks that you can deploy proactively. Turning to them throughout the day changes your threshold of stress tolerance. It’s more important than ever to learn as many antistress techniques as possible, as young as possible. The biochemical response to stress is cued up as much by random, upsetting events in the environment as by negative thinking – our own or people we spend a great deal of time with – as well as trying to keep up with the fast pace and increasing demands of modern life, or mental habits like perfectionism or procrastination. There are skills and habits of mind which are beneficial to our health and reduce the negative effects of stress that cause physical illness. The development of these skills is stress-resilience training. I will be sharing an overview of techniques and strategies with you in a FREE teleclass April 1- no joke! with a three week in depth series following. In the NY Metro area, check out two wholistic wellness fairs in April that I’m involved with. I will be facilitating weekend courses at Dowling Institute and an EFT(tapping) Training http://www.balanceandpower.com/eft.php at the Balance & Power Center in May. Details.. http://www.balanceandpower.com/events.php
Got Stress? Be Resilient!(c)2010
March 12, 2010 by Eileen Lichtenstein
Posted in anxiety, attitude, EFT, health, holistic, lifestyle, mind-body, positive thinking, procrastination, SOAR!, tapping, Uncategorized | Tagged allergies, cancer, EFT, heart disease, immune system, perfectionism, procrastination, resilience, stress | 3 Comments
Subscribe to the Balance & Power NewsletterSubscribe Now and Instantly
Recieve Eileen's Most
Popular PDF FREE:
Quotes To Motivate & Inspire
- New Opportunity Around the Corner?
- Catching up -snow day?!
- ODNLI March Panel: Increasing Productivity By Managing Stress.
- Personal Development Online Course: “Create Optimal Happiness & Productivity Obstacles & Achieving Success” 6 Week Online Course
- Balance and Power Inc, Free Products, Book, eBooks, CD and more…
MoreFind Out About Balance & Power, Inc Events in Your Area Here:
Eileen's Balance & Power Events!
Eileen Lichtenstein on How Affirmations Help autumnfawn19 on How Affirmations Help ellie ejercito on Reverse Procrastination with… Eileen Lichtenstein on Ten Tips to Increase Happiness… Histoire de Bill Gat… on Ten Tips to Increase Happiness…
- DeStress Tip/Quote: We do not heal the past by dwelling there. We heal the past by living in the present. ~ Marianne Williamson 11 hours ago
- DeStress Tip: Courage is taking a step forward ow.ly/tAlt30a3p5L without a solution in mind, and holding... fb.me/8m95G7aOb 17 hours ago
- DeStress Tip: Courage is taking a step forward ow.ly/tAlt30a3p5L without a solution in mind, and holding hope and trust in future. 17 hours ago
- DeStress Tip: Live with attention and without worry. ow.ly/D3CM30a3oU6 fb.me/1WUWjODP1 1 day ago
- DeStress Tip: Live with attention and without worry. ow.ly/D3CM30a3oU6 1 day ago
What people are saying about Eileen Lichtenstein
"After a recent incident in my life, I had the pleasure of working with Eileen Lichtenstein for a few weeks. This experience allowed me to focus on various events of my life, some of which were out of my control. She is knowledgeable, understanding and shows a great deal of compassion, also allowing me to reach some form of inner peace, despite the circumstances. Various relaxation techniques were introduced to me, which I will continue to take advantage of.
I cannot thank Eileen enough for her insight, encouragement and support. Overall it was a great experience, but a necessary one, to get me through one of life's obstacles".
Thank You, - Ron K., Rehab Therapist, Veterans Affairs Medical Center
More Testimonials Here